The Old Strip Method of
Why it's time to say goodbye to a nearly 40-year-old procedure
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) aka the strip procedure is referred
to as "the old method" for a reason. It's antiquated, according
to Dr. Rome, and associated with significant short and long term adverse
The Robotic Hair Restoration Center in Los Angeles, we do not offer this procedure.
We consider the old strip method unacceptable for the following reasons:
- A large scar where the strip of hair was removed precludes wearing the
hair short in the back
- A painful recovery is common and significant downtime can be expected
- Long term side effects like nerve injury with numbness and pain are not uncommon
- Requires several weeks of restricted activity
- Difficulty sleeping on the surgical area
The old strip method does come at a lower price than the more up to date
robotic follicular unit extraction method, but Dr. Rome is confident you
will be significantly happier with no linear scarring, little downtime,
ability to wear your hair short, and most importantly, natural results.
As an ARTAS center of clinical excellence, we are one of the premiere
locations for robotic hair restoration. In addition, we often combine
robotic restoration with other modern techniques like
Low Level Laser to achieve the very best results. Now is the time to change your life.
Call our office at 310-975-7094 today to schedule a free consultation.