About Robotic Hair Restoration
Cutting-Edge Procedures to Treat Hair Loss without the Cutting. As technology improves, so does our ability to improve results. Today, using state-of-the-art robotic technology, we can perform hair restoration techniques that provide permanent, natural solutions to hair loss and baldness.
ARTAS Robotic Hair Restoration is a Major Advance From Previous Techniques:
- Old Strip Method: The strip method, aka Follicular Unit Transplant or FUT, is an older procedure for hair restoration and involves removing a strip of the scalp which would leave a large scar and often significant post-operative pain, then removing hairs from the strip and inserting them in thinning areas. Thankfully, technology has moved far beyond this method, however many doctors still do provide this antiquated procedure.
- ARTAS vs. Neograft: First and foremost, clients should know that not all Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) procedures are the same. Both ARTAS and Neograft are FUE techniques, however, where ARTAS has robotic precision, Neograft depends on manual extractions. The advantage of Neograft over traditional manual FUE is the speed of the procedure, however, proceduralist fatigue and risk of transections are much more commonplace with manual techniques such as Neograft.
- Advantages of Robotic Restoration: When clients are thinking about hair restoration, they are primarily concerned with two things: a natural look and permanent results. The ARTAS robotic hair restoration technique is the best option for natural hair growth. According to Dr. Rome, this procedure is a game changer.
Most Advanced Additional Therapies
In addition to being an ARTAS Center of Clinical Excellence, and an ARTAS training center for hair restoration doctors, we offer the most advanced additional therapies such as PRP and ACell to help you get the very best results possible. We are also among a select few practices who specialize in robotic beard and robotic eyebrow restoration.
The Old Strip Method of Hair Restoration
Why it’s time to say goodbye to a nearly 40-year-old procedure
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) aka the strip procedure is referred to as “the old method” for a reason. It’s antiquated, according to Dr. Rome, and associated with significant short and long-term adverse effects. At The Robotic Hair Restoration Center in Los Angeles, we do not offer this procedure.
We consider the old strip method unacceptable for the following reasons:
- A large scar where the strip of hair was removed precludes wearing the hair short in the back
- A painful recovery is common and significant downtime can be expected
- Long-term side effects like nerve injury with numbness and pain are not uncommon
- Requires several weeks of restricted activity
- Difficulty sleeping on the surgical area
The old strip method does come at a lower price than the more up to date robotic follicular unit extraction method, but Dr. Rome is confident you will be significantly happier with no linear scarring, little downtime, ability to wear your hair short, and most importantly, natural results. As an ARTAS center of clinical excellence, we are one of the premier locations for robotic hair restoration. In addition, we often combine robotic restoration with other modern techniques like PRP, ACell, and Low-Level Laser to achieve the very best results. Now is the time to change your life.
ARTAS vs. Neograft
The advantages of Robotic over Manual FUE
ARTAS and Neograft are both follicular unit extraction (FUE) procedures, however, ARTAS is the only Robotic Hair Restoration platform and provides multiple advantages over the manual handheld Neograft procedure.
Clients with the ARTAS robot will benefit from the following advantages over Neograft:
- Image-guided robotic alignment for precise graft dissection unmatched by manual techniques
- Intelligent algorithms identify and select only the best hairs for harvesting yielding consistent results and uniformly harvested donor area
- Graft quality remains consistent throughout the procedure
- High-resolution digital imaging provides unparalleled visual detail of donor area
- Exceptional control of parameters such as spacing between harvests, dissection depths, and harvest angles to yield robust and healthy grafts
- Less risk damage to hair grafts with patented blunt dissection technique vs sharp punch with Neograft
- No continuous vacuum to transport grafts into a storage vial which may cause them to dry out
- Real-time 3D analysis that provides accurate mapping and calculations of critical hair follicle characteristics
Our team at The Robotic Hair Restoration Center relies on the far more advanced technology using the ARTAS hair restoration robot.
Get the Best Quality Procedure in the World
We are among the select ARTAS providers who are established as a Robotic Center of Clinical Excellence so you can be confident you will get the best quality procedure in the world. In addition, we like to combine other procedures such as PRP and ACell with our robotic restoration at no additional cost if you elect for our “Fill-the-Area” model.
Enjoy the Benefits of Advanced Technology
The field of hair restoration has come a long way in the past decade. At The Robotic Hair Restoration Center , we now have the ability to perform minimally invasive procedures that provide permanent, natural-looking results without linear strip scarring and with much more precision than manual handheld follicular unit extraction such as Neograft .
With the ARTAS Robotic Procedure at our center, you can benefit from the following advantages:
- No linear scarring and no stitches
- A painless and quick recovery is commonplace
- A natural appearance for transplanted hair is expected
- Ability to wear the hair short after the procedure
- Knowing your procedure was performed at an ARTAS Center of Clinical Excellence
- Addition of PRP and ACell with your robotic procedure to get the best results at no additional cost
ARTAS Robotic Hair Restoration
ARTAS robotic hair restoration uses digital imaging to analyze and track each hair to find the best hairs for harvesting. With its patented blunt dissection technique the grafts experience less risk of damage when compared to sharp dissection techniques with manual FUE procedures such as Neograft. Dr. Rome specializes in ARTAS robotic hair restoration and is ready to provide each client with a free consultation